Friday 3 May - suspected gas leak
School has been declared safe - open Tuesday 7 May as usual.
Thank you to everyone who picked up their child today with our emergency call.
Several members of staff were able to smell a strong odour of gas in the year 3 and year 4 areas during lunchtime. As a precaution, and as per our emergency procedures, we evacuated the school and contacted parents to pick up their children.
After much investigation from SGN and local gas engineers, we are happy that the school is safe and there have been no further gas smells in the school.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused, but as always in school, we make sure that your children's safety comes first.