Information about Covid-19
The common symptoms of COVID-19 are:
· a high temperature of 37.8oc,
· a new, continuous cough and/or
· loss of sense of taste or smell
If your child has any of these symptoms, do NOT send them to school. They must self-isolate immediately.
Please be aware that there are other symptoms reported in children which can look like symptoms of other common illnesses. The most common symptoms of COVID-19 in children are headaches, fever and a cough. If your child has these symptoms, please do NOT send them into school.
If your child tests positive:
Please contact school as soon as you can to inform us by using the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (This has changed from asking you to email a dedicated Covid inbox.)
You must inform the school so that the leadership team can swiftly consider who else will also need to self-isolate. After a positive result, your child should self-isolate for at least five days.
If your child is self-isolating they must not do the following:
- do not go to school or any public places
- do not go on public transport or use taxis
- do not have visitors in your home, including friends and family
- do not go out to exercise – exercise at home or in your garden, if you have one